Easy Rib Roast with Herb Crust
Rate this Recipe
This juicy roast takes very little effort to prepare.
|2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
|2 tablespoons sour cream
|Coarse salt, to taste
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
|1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
|1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary and sage
|2 cloves garlic, minced
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil
|3 lb. rib roast
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix together horseradish and sour cream in a small bowl and then season with salt and black pepper.
- In another bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and olive oil and then season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season roast with salt and black pepper; place roast in skillet and sear until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer roast to a cutting board; spread horseradish mixture onto one side of roast and then top roast with breadcrumb mixture, pressing to make it stick. Return roast to skillet. Place skillet in oven and cook roast for about 45 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center reads 140 degrees F (medium-rare).
- Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
Traditional Irish Recipes for St. Patrick's Day
Enjoy these classic Irish dishes in honor of St. Patrick's Day. There's the traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage, Shepherd's Pie and even Irish Potato Soup. They're hearty, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >