My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Chicken Satay with Peanut SauceView More >
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Grilled Swordfish with Salsa Verde
Rate this Recipe
|8 oz. each 1-inch-thick swordfish fillets|
|Grated zest of 3 lemons, plus 2 halved lemons|
|10 cloves garlic, smashed|
|2 cups olive oil, plus more for the grill|
|1/4 cup fresh thyme, chopped|
|1 tablespoon Ottoman spice or Aleppo pepper|
|1/2 small red onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|1 small jalapeno pepper|
|1 tablespoon sherry vinegar|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint|
|Juice of 1/2 lime|
|2 avocados, pitted and quartered (skin on)|
|1 bunch watercress, trimmed|
- In a bowl, combine the lemon zest, garlic, 1 cup olive oil, the thyme and Ottoman spice; be sure to mix well. Divide marinade & swordfish between two 1-gallon zip-top bags. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat a grill to high and oil the grates. Grill the red onion and jalapeno until marked, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the red onion to a bowl, top with the vinegar and cover with plastic wrap, trapping the steam inside to finish the cooking process. Peel, seed and chop the jalapeno.
- Make the salsa verde: In a bowl combine the jalapeno, parsley, cilantro, mint, lime juice and remaining 1 cup olive oil. Once cool enough to touch, remove the onion from the vinegar and coarsely chop, then add the onion along with the vinegar to the salsa verde; season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and mix well.
- Remove the swordfish from the marinade, shake off the excess and season with kosher salt. Reduce the grill heat to medium. Grill the swordfish 2 minutes, then rotate 90 degrees and grill 2 more minutes to create crosshatch grill marks, then flip and grill until just opaque, about 2 more minutes. Increase the grill heat to high. Grill the halved lemons and the avocados cut-side down until marked, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Dress the watercress with some of the salsa verde on a platter. Top with the swordfish, avocado and more salsa. Garnish with the grilled lemons. Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt.
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >