Roasted Eggplant Medley & Soyrizo Pizza
Rate this Recipe
|1 fresh Jensen’s pizza dough|
|1 jar jar pizza sauce|
|1 package Soyrizo|
|1 package Miyoko’s vegan mozzarella|
|1 package shredded Daiya mozzarella|
|2 shallots, sliced thin|
|1 package cherry tomatoes, sliced in half|
|1 small small eggplant, cubed|
|10 leaves fresh basil, sliced in a chiffonade|
|3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)|
- *For Eggplant Medley:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the sliced shallots and slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Cube eggplant into cherry tomato sized pieces. Place all veggies on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat well. Place in oven to roast for 20-30 minutes. The tomatoes and eggplant should be cooked down into soft and delicious pieces.
- *For Pizza:
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add a tablespoon or two of olive oil and cook the soyrizo until most of moisture is gone and the pieces begin to separate into a firmer texture. Use a spatula to scrape the soyrizo if it begins to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If using a pizza stone place it in the oven while you roll out the dough.. If you don’t have a pizza stone use a parchment lined baking sheet. Dust a cutting board lightly with flour, roll the dough and stretch it into shape. Transfer it to the stone or baking sheet and pre-cook the dough for about 5 minutes until it is slightly firm and able to keep shape.
- Top pizza with sauce, the eggplant medley, soyrizo, dollops of Miyoko’s vegan mozzarella and shredded Daiya vegan mozzarella.
- Stack the basil leaves on top of each other, gently roll them into a cigar, and then use a sharp knife to slice them into thin ribbons. Spread the basil over the top of the pizza. Transfer the pizza to the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and crust starts to slightly brown. Remove from the oven, top with Kelly’s Vegan Parmesan Cheese and optional red pepper flakes and serve!
- *Recipe courtesy of Liz Gary. For information about free local community cooking classes and special events visit [url=http://www.newoptionsfoodgroup.com]www.newoptionsfoodgroup.com[/url]
See Other Recipes Like This
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >