Spinach, Artichoke & Mushroom Pizza with White Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 Pizza
|1 package Jensen's homemade pizza dough, room temperature|
|8 ounces fresh spinach, chopped|
|4 ounces mushrooms, sliced|
|2 small tomatoes, sliced|
|3 tablespoons vegan butter|
|3 tablespoons unbleached flour|
|1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk|
|1/4 teaspoon onion powder|
|1 pinch nutmeg|
|1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|6 artichoke hearts, drained and quartered|
|1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped|
|dusting of cornmeal|
|Kelley's vegan parmesan cheese|
|crushed red pepper flakes|
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Heat a pizza stone or line a baking sheet with parchment and dust it with cornmeal. Transfer the pizza dough to the baking sheet or a pizza paddle dusted with cornmeal (the dough is easier to work with at room temperature). Stretch and shape the dough, use a rolling pin for an extra thin crust. Lightly brush the edges of the crust with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with a little freshly ground sea salt and black pepper.
- In a large saucepan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat, add 1/2 of the chopped spinach, sauté just until wilted then add the minced garlic and continue sautéing for 1-2 minutes more. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over medium high heat, whisk in the flour, onion powder and nutmeg, stir to combine. Slowly whisk in the milk and continue stirring until mixture has thickened. Add 1 cup of grated vegan mozzarella cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Add the sautéed garlic and wilted spinach, stir well then season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza leaving the rim of the crust uncoated. Sprinkle the fresh spinach and basil over the sauce, top with artichoke hearts, sliced mushrooms, tomatoes and additional grated cheese. Bake in a preheated oven for 10-13 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Cut into slices and serve with a side off crushed red pepper flakes and Kelley's vegan parmesan.
- Jensen’s fresh pizza dough is the perfect start for this incredible gourmet vegan pizza.
- *Recipe courtesy of Liz Gary. For information about free local community cooking classes and special events visit [url=http://www.newoptionsfoodgroup.com]www.newoptionsfoodgroup.com[/url]
See Other Recipes Like This
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >