My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Simple Stuffed Flank SteakView More >
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Honey Hot Crispy Chicken Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
The perfect blend of crispy, sweet, spicy, tender and juicy.
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally|
|Kosher salt, for seasoning chicken|
|1/2 cups buttermilk|
|1 cup flour|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon garlic powder|
|2 teaspoons cayenne pepper powder|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 cup panko breadcrumbs|
|Vegetable oil, for frying|
|8 hamburger buns, toasted|
|Honey hot sauce, for topping|
|Prepared coleslaw, for topping|
- Sprinkle the chicken with kosher salt on both sides. Place the seasoned chicken into a large bowl and pour buttermilk over top. Let the chicken sit for 30 minutes in the buttermilk.
- Pour the flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, chili powder and breadcrumbs in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, shaking off any excess liquid. Dip the chicken into the flour mixture, getting an even coating. Place the chicken on a cooling rack, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large frying pan, about 3/4-inch deep. Bring to medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, place four pieces of chicken into the oil. Cook on each side for 4-6 minutes, until a golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a cooling rack with a pan underneath. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- Place one piece of chicken onto the bottom buns. Liberally drizzle honey hot sauce over the chicken and spoon a generous amount of coleslaw in the center of the chicken. Place the top bun on the coleslaw and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >